Terms and Conditions
Consulting services are being provided by Dr Philip McMillan. Where we say “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean Dr Philip McMillan and his team. Our consultations are hosted on the Heydoc platform under Vejon Consultive Limited’s profile (the “platform”).
Important Notice Before accessing any services provided by Vejon Consultive Limited all Service Users/patients are strongly recommended to ensure that they read, understand and agree to the following Terms and Conditions. Service Users/patients visiting the Vejon Consultive Limited website or making use of our service are presumed to have done so unless they explicitly submit and receive written agreement to any amendment(s) to the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any queries regarding any aspect of the Terms and Conditions including any of the terms outlined below, please contact the Registered Manager at Vejon Consultive Limited at email@example.com for assistance or clarification.
The basic principles upon which our services are provided to you are outlined below.
Vejon Consultive Limited is a small organisation, but it envisions growth supported by additional staff members who would be:
- Fully trained and experienced for their role.
- On the relevant professional registers.
- Are required to undergo stringent checks before being permitted to work for our Company.
- Keep up to date with their professional practice.
- Are committed to delivering the best possible service for you.
- Required to adhere to strict professional standards and ethics.
Making a Complaint and Giving Compliments
- We believe that complaints and compliments are a valuable indicator of the quality of our service, and an opportunity to improve that quality. We assure all Service Users that no-one will be victimised for making a complaint, and we encourage Service Users to instigate the complaints procedure whenever they feel that this is necessary. We do not wish to confine complaints to major issues. We encourage Service Users to comment when relatively minor matters are a problem to them. It is our policy that all matters which disturb or upset a Service User should be reported, recorded, and corrective action should be taken. Only in that way can we work towards meeting our aim of continuously improving our service.
- Our commitment is that:
- All complaints will be taken seriously; You will receive a response within 3 working days of the complaint being made (unless a full reply can be sent within 5 working days), and a full response usually within 20 days;
- All complaints will be acted upon with fairness and impartiality;
- If the complaint is upheld, you will receive a written apology and appropriate action will be taken to rectify the complaint, and you will be informed of what that action is;
- Service Users are entitled to involve an impartial third party in the complaint procedure if they so wish.
- Service Users and their representatives may take their complaints to persons in authority outside the Company if they are not satisfied with the response that they receive from us.
- We aim to respect your privacy and dignity at all times. Please speak out, or contact the CQC Registered Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if your privacy or dignity is not being respected.
- Records will be designed, used and stored so as to assure privacy. Legislative controls over records, such as the Data Protection Act, will be adhered to, and the Service User’s explicit permission in writing will be sought before information is passed to any person other than those directly concerned with the care of the Service User.
Confidentiality of Information
- Your rights to confidentiality will be safeguarded. We will not disclose any personal information about you to a third party unless this has been agreed with you. Agreement to disclose information should only be sought if it is for your benefit, e.g., for the purpose of assisting in your support.
- Our policy is that any information about you is strictly confidential and that maintaining a position of trust in this regard is paramount. However, because some information is relevant to providing quality support, such information will be shared with members of staff who may be supporting you.
- Information about you may be held in electronic form on the Heydoc online system. This is treated in the a strictly confidential way.
- Information about you is needed in order to enable staff to provide proper support and treatment. Some of the information may also be used for other purposes, such as:
- Making sure our services meet your needs.
- Helping staff to review the support they provide to you to help them achieve the highest standards.
- Investigating complaints or legal claims.
- Auditing of our services.
- Sometimes information about you needs to be passed on to other agencies or organisations, for example, if you are receiving care or support from a GP or hospital. The types of parties with whom we may share information about you are:
- District nurses.
- Other health professionals.
- Social workers.
- Care Quality Commission.
- You have the right to practise your beliefs, religion or culture without constraint by restrictive or discriminatory practice.
- Complaints of discriminatory practice will be thoroughly investigated, and the results of the investigation made known to the complainant.
Respect for Staff
- You are requested to afford the same courtesy to staff as you would expect to receive yourself.
- Note that any loud or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Details of your treatment fees will be notified in advance.
- If you have any queries or concerns, please let us know before your treatment begins.
- You will be required to settle your accounts promptly and in full.
- The content of this website is for information, education and communication about topics related to health. The website services and information do not constitute any form of advice and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. Professional advice should be sought if you suspect that you have a health or medical problem that requires attention or for other advice, products or services.
- Information provided on the website is intended as an informational guide and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. We endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. Visitors to the website must acknowledge that the information, products and services published on this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. We do not represent or make any warranty or insurances (expressed or implied) in respect of the accuracy, reliability, currency, completeness or continuous supply of any of the information on this website. The contents of the website are only for general information and use.
- We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in this website or implied by the information on this website, or from your inability to access the website. Dr Philip McMillan will not be liable for damages resulting from or in connection with the use of this website. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- This website is provided as a service to our visitors. Changes are periodically made to the information on the website. Improvements and/or changes to the website may be made at any time. We reserve the right to delete, modify or supplement the content of this website at any time for any reason without notification to anyone.
- Links within this website are provided for your interest and may lead to external websites, which are not under our control. We will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any website which is not under our control. External sites are not endorsed by us and we make no representation or warranty as to the content of any other website.
Dr Philip McMillan fully complies with Data Protection Legislation and Medical Confidentiality Guidelines.
Please note information submitted to Dr Philip McMillan over this website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. Users should not send confidential details by email, unless specifically requested by Dr Philip McMillan.
Cancellations and Non-Attendance
Dr Philip McMillan reserves the right to retain the full fee in the event that a patient does not attend an appointment or cancels an appointment within the 24-hour minimum notice period.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed severable from the whole and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts.
Last update: March 21, 2022
Vejon Consultive Limited reserves the right to update and publish these Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice.